- Cognizant of the potential of the great people of Dagoretti South
- Recognizing Dagoretti South’s historical significance in the history of Kenya
- Appreciating the contribution of previous leaders and citizens in our development
- Guided by the spirit and principles of our Constitution of Kenya (2010)
- Building on and delivering on the promises of the Jubilee government
- Daring to boldly face existing and emerging challenges
This agenda is primarily for the period 2017 – 2022 under the leadership of John Kiarie Waweru as the Member of Parliament for Dagoretti South Constituency. In this manifesto we build on the social, economic and political gains made in our constituency’s history while addressing present and arising challenges.
My goal, my dream and my vision for our people, guided by the philosophical Ethical Theory of utilitarianism is to bring “the greatest good possible for the greatest number of people possible.
My lofty vision for the people of Dagoretti South is to preside over a people sensitive dispensation that at its most basic will:
- Avail clean water to the greatest number of people possible in Dagoretti South Constituency.
- Facilitate quality education and education facilities for the greatest number of learners in Dagoretti South Constituency.
- Enable wealth creation for the greatest number of people in Dagoretti South Constituency.
- Facilitate for quality and affordable health care for the greatest number possible in Dagoretti South Constituency.
- Empower the greatest number possible of women in Dagoretti South Constituency to take their rightful place in developing themselves and developing this Constituency.
- Empower the greatest number possible of youth in Dagoretti South Constituency to take their rightful place in developing themselves and developing this Constituency.
- Facilitate for the improvement and maintenance of the greatest level of security attainable in Dagoretti South Constituency.
- Develop the highest levels possible of cooperation and coordination between the Nairobi City County Government and the Kenya National Government of President Uhuru Kenyatta.
To achieve this, and utilizing best practice benchmarks, we will introduce wide ranging structural changes in the management of public affairs in Dagoretti South Constituency. This, in order to deliver our promise to our people of the life of growth, empowerment and dignity that they deserve.
I pay special tribute to my great, able and worthy predecessors:
- Thank you Hon. Dr. Njoroge Mungai
- Thank you Hon. Johnstone Muthiora
- Thank you Hon. Francis Kahende
- Thank you Hon. Clement Gachanja
- Thank you Hon. Chris Kamuyu
- Thank you Hon. Beth Wambui Mugo
- Thank you Hon. Dennis Kariuki Waweru
Your contribution has been valuable and it is more than appreciated.
My agenda is premised on three core pillars of:
Inclusivity, Growth, Accountability. Kuhusisha. Kukuza. Kuwajibika.
Kj – Kuhusisha
The First Pillar of Inclusivity and Unity
Kj – Kukuza
The second pillar of growth and development
Kj – Kuwajibika
The third pillar of public governance and accountability